Sunday, February 12, 2012

Birthday Trip

For my birthday this year, Heather surprised me with an overnight trip down to Kansas City to tour the Boulevard Brewing Company! The Pine's came along with us. Friday afternoon, we loaded up the car and headed to KC.
No birthday would be complete without a birthday cookie cake!
Saturday morning, we got scheduled for the first tour at 10am. Derek and I were excited...Trigg was sleeping!



Heather, Trigg and I out front of the Boulevard Brewing Company.



Joni and Derek



Boulevard ages some of their beers in whiskey barrels, in fact they use Templeton Rye whiskey barrels!



The bottling operation...



The tour ended at the bar for taste testing!



It was a really good tour, we learned a lot about my favorite beer. Derek had so much fun, he was jumping for joy!






After the tour, we headed back to Iowa, with a stop at an outlet mall before we left KC. I had a great birthday, it was a fun and unique way to celebrate!

No comments: