Sunday, June 7, 2020

MN Fishing Trip

At the start of each summer the boys and I head north with my extended family for a week of fishing at Camp Liberty in Nevis, MN. I've been going on this annual fishing trip since I was 5 and now my boys get included in the adventure. Do to Covid this year, lots of my extended family decided not to travel... so packed into the car was Garrett..
and Trigg..
and my dad and I. The 4 boys pulling the boat and headed north!
We stopped in Nevis to pick up some wax worms and check out the worlds largest tiger muskie...it too was wearing a face mask!
Then onto the lake for some fishing! Usually when we have so many other people at the resort, we play and take turns in the boat...this year, we fished and fished hard! The boys were ready and they caught fish! Trigg with a good bass to start us out!
G got into some good bluegill
Garrett was pretty excited to help Grandpa drive the boat!
This bluegill hit so hard G's jig unraveled!
Thumbs up for a big bluegill
G found a few crappies too!
Trigg was feeling a little left out of the big fish action, he caught this little bluegill (notice his thumb compared to the fishes mouth...)
Then Trigg caught this monster blue gill (now notice his thumb compared to the bluegill!!!)
That monster bluegill next to some big crappies!
I caught a pretty good bass, Garrett may need some work on his photo taking skills!
We were the only family with kiddos this week, so the boys had full access to the beach toys! They did really good with the sit on top kayaks!
Trigg figured out the paddle boat too!
We did a quick spin on the paddle boat
and Garrett figured out the paddle board!
The boys made it out to the "lily pad" It's an anchored blue mat that is super fun to jump off of!
3..2..1... JUMP!

Grandpa found some good bass!
My dad and I would go out early each morning, around 5:30am, and we found a lot of good sized bass!

The boys and I took out the canoe for an adventure!
It is a fun lake to explore

Trigg's turn to help drive the boat

Boys doing some more paddleing
My dad was out fishing for pan fish, bluegill and crappie, when he got a big hit...after about 10 mins of fighting, he pulled in this big northern pike!
I found a little pike too, not as big, but still a fun fight!
Another good sized bass!
Each year, mom sends little gifts for the boys to open, one day the boys opened some Nerf bow & arrows!
One more bass shot
 All in all, we had a great time fishing in MN, a ton of fishing! The boys did awesome, they fished a ton, sorted their tackle boxes, played on the beach. It was great and a week I look forward to each year. We are hoping for a return fall trip this year but can't wait for next June!

No comments: