Thursday, September 22, 2022

Smallies on the South Skunk

 Not wanting to drive the 4 hours north to find trout, Derek and I set our sights closer to home to try and catch some small mouth in the South Skunk river! Before we headed out, I tied up some Clouser Minnows so we could do some streamer fishing for the small jaws!

We both took the day off work and headed to a couple spots with our fly rods in tow!
The water was very low...


But we started swinging some flys and minnow patterns and before long we found a few fish!
D hooked up with a nice small mouth
I found some very small - small mouth
Regardless of the size of fish, I was pretty pumped that I was catching fish on some streamers that I tied myself.
Another "smallie"
We didn't catch anything big, but it was a great day on the river and we found a few fish!

No comments: