Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Dress for Success: Tip #1 - Socks and Pants

I am not a fashion expert by any means but I do know a little bit about a little bit, so I am going to try and share what I know with the dudes out there.
If your like me and I think most of the corporate world, you work in a "business casual" environment. Unfortunately, I think most men lean more towards the casual and less towards the business. There are a few things that catch my eye and I am going to address them.
Tip #1: Socks are an extension of the pants. A general rule of thumb, your socks should match your pants. If you have khaki pants, go with matching socks. Navy pants, navy socks...I think you get the picture.
White socks are not for work, period. Sure, if you are wearing jeans, fine, put on those white socks, but if you have on "business casual" pants, go with socks to match! I have seen this combo more times than I like...
Trust me...people notice! Stick to this rule of thumb: Socks are an extension of the pants!

1 comment:

Margaret said...

What if you're wearing white pants? :)