Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Summer Fishing

For Father's Day I got a new tackle box! I had been doing some research and was really looking at a tackle backpack. Most of my fishing is done from the banks, so to have gear that can be picked up and moved from one spot to the next is a big benefit. 
And it arrived...
 I went with the Wild River Large Tackle Backpack
 Fully unpacked
 It came with 2 tackle boxes and can fit an additional 2 boxes
 Side pockets can hold anything, fishing line, stringers, scales, etc.
 The top flap is waterproof, meant to hold fishing license and other essentials!
 Loaded up and out in the wild!
 I have 4 trays loaded and in the main compartment and use the top for all my plastics!
 Fits in the car with 4 of my rods, so I am ready to fish in the early morning on the weekends or over my lunch break during the week! I'm a big fan of the tackle bag!
 Speaking of fishing, the boys and I went up to Jester Park to see if anything was biting...it was!
 Little large mouth on a finesse jig with a crawdad trailer
 G reeled one in!
 The dudes!
 I also get up early (usually around 5:15 am) on Saturday's and Sunday's to hit some ponds around the area, caught this nice one!
 There is a little pond by my office, right in the middle of town, that I go to over lunch, it has some small bass, but it's fun to catch even the small ones on my lunch break!
 Early morning bass:





 One Saturday morning, the bass weren't biting but this aggressive bull frog grabbed my worm, that was a first for me...unhooked him and sent him on his way
 A few more early morning bass


 One great thing about being up so early is I get to watch the sun come up!
 My dad went down to a lake by Chariton, Red Haw Lake, and had some luck catching bass. I took a Tuesday off work and we headed down there. Thumbs up from this crew!
 It's a no-wake lake, but the trolling motor got us around the lake without troubles! Garrett has been asking me to try a spinning reel, so I let him try on of mine. He did pretty good, then Grandpa found on of his spinning reels that is a little smaller. After a few practice casts, G had hooked up this bass!
 Then he caught another one!
Grandpa let him keep the spinning reel and rod, which brought a big smile to this guys face!
This summer has been great for catching fish and making memories!

No comments: