Thursday, August 21, 2008

Goals

I (Seth) think it is good to have goals for yourself. Not only big life goals, but also smaller goals too. A couple years ago, when I turned 25, I decided to come up with "25 goals for my 25th year of Life". There were 25 things I wanted to accomplish in that year. I didn't reach all the goals, but got some of them and it was fun keeping track through the year. This list became a tradition and now in my 27th year I have 27 goals on my list. Again, these are stretch goals and I know that I may not complete them all, but it is fun to try. If you are interested, here is my list:
  1. Run a Marathon

  2. Landscape the backyard

  3. Read 8 books

  4. Write a song

  5. Record a song

  6. Start building my acoustic guitar

  7. Go snowboarding

  8. Bench press my own weight

  9. Illustrate a children's book

  10. Take some sort of dance lesson

  11. Read through the Bible

  12. Catch a walleye

  13. Paint a painting

  14. Fly a kite

  15. Go camping

  16. Brew my own beer

  17. Road trip

  18. Go to a concert

  19. Refinish a bathroom

  20. Tile the kitchen/entryway

  21. 10,000 push-ups

  22. 10,000 sit-ups

  23. Enter a photography contest

  24. Run 1500 miles

  25. Go ice skating

  26. Go sledding

  27. Climb a mountain

All that said, I checked two more off my list last night. After I get done with a run, I do push-ups and sit-ups and last night marked 10,000 for both!

1 comment:

adam said...

that's great seth. goals are awesome. i would be interested to know what others ones you have checked off your list.