Thursday, August 7, 2008

Summer Love

One thing both Heather and I love about the summer is grilling out on our deck. Another thing we love is trying new recipes. The past two evenings we tried one new recipe and a classic favorite. Let me explain the new one first, Grandma Van Wyk gave us her smoker a little while ago and last week at the store I picked up some hickory chips, so I have been wanting to use the hickory chips. Tuesday, I left work a little early and headed home to get the "Smoke n' Grill" going!
We had some ribs and bar-b-que sauce, but the new part about the recipe was adding some Kool-Aid Orange drink mix to the bar-b-que sauce. This gave it a good flavor and it is something I would do again. One thing about smokin' ribs, it takes time, about 3 hours or so. The girls waited patiently for the food to finish cooking
Cooking in action and the finished product!
Then last night, we had one of our favorite classic summer meals, corn on the cob and b.l.t.'s
Heather couldn't wait to dig in
Mmmmm...so good!

2 comments:

Derek said...

yum to both! Does the meet come out with a good smoky taste with the smoker?

siskow said...

"I left work a little early and headed home to get the 'Smoke n' Grill' going!"

I'm going to try using that one with my boss someday when I want to leave early.