Thursday, February 12, 2009

Bad News Bears

With the weather becoming nice, I have been biking to work. If I don't bike, I have been riding the bus, in an effort to go green and save money. With all of this our sassy Sable doesn't get a lot of use and it sit out on the road in front of our house. I try start it once a week to make sure everything is still working, well on Tuesday I went out to start it and it wouldn't start. Then on Wednesday, my friend Ryan Faircloth came over to take a look at it. We popped the hood to find a nest of leaves and grass and what remained of several chewed wires. You can still see some of the leaves in the picture below.
I am guessing a squirrel got in there and tried to make a nest and went to town on the wires. Pretty much everywhere has teeth marks on it. The three that I am holding in this picture go to the spark plugs, or they are supposed to (click on the picture to see details of the damage).
With a chance of snow tomorrow, Ryan and I managed to push the car into the garage, we will see what happens to it from there. I am hoping that whatever animal was in there left before we moved in into the garage. I am thinking it was a squirrel because I am not sure a mouse could have gotten through some of the big wires.
Even though they may look cute, don't be deceived, these guys can cause a lot of damage in a short amount of time. I think we are dealing with a super squirrel.