Thursday, February 26, 2009

Birthday Surprise

Last night, Heather worked with my parents to surprise me with a birthday dinner. It was really a surprise, I did not expect a birthday dinner a month after my birthday, nice work. Heather and I got home from work and I had the idea that we should go out for dinner. She agreed but we couldn't decide on where to go. We changed and got ready and I kept saying to Heather "Alright, lets get going" and she kept stalling. I didn't really pick up on it. I should have known something was up when she said "Let's look through the Menard's ad before we go." Unaware, I gladly sat down with her to figure out how we could "save big money". Then a mini-van pulled into our driveway and my parents, Christa, Wade and Morgan came inside and said "Surprise! we are going out to dinner for your birthday." We headed to Flying Mango for some tasty BBQ.

My parents were excited to check out this hidden treasure in Beaverdale.

Wade and Christa are all smiles as we look through the menus.

Morgan got a head start on dinner with some yogurt.

...and bring out the food! Heather ordered the pulled pork sandwich and I went for the 24 hour brisket with cowboy beans and a sweet potato pancake.

My dad ordered lime shrimp with black pepper linguine, he said his was on the spicy side.

After dinner, Morgan and Heather got into a tickle fight, I am pretty sure Heather won.
Morgan was fascinated with the lights in the restaurant.
All in all, we had a great time. The food was really good and the company was great. I was definitely surprised, nice work you guys!

No comments: