Saturday, August 27, 2011

Baby Shower

Last weekend, Heather had a baby shower with both our families. The shower was Saturday morning, the decorations turned out great and there was plenty of good food too! My mom brought us the Dr. Seuss book "Oh, the Places You'll Go!" and used it as the guestbook to have everyone write a message Baby Comfort.
My mom also brought my old Tonka truck and it was used for decoration...and it stayed at our house, so I am super excited about that!

I managed to get the nursery done in time for the shower (those pictures are coming), we used gray, blue and orange colors in the room...and the decorations for the shower matched! And look at all that good food!

The blue and orange pennants turned out great...and I am a big fan of the dump truck filled with cake balls!

The bigger pennants have pictures of Heather and myself from our baby days.

All set and ready to party!

We feel very blessed by everyones generosity and all the gifts that we received!

Karen, Brenda, Doreen, Heather, Jana and Jana's two girls having fun at the party

Keri, Doreen, Erin, Heather, Shay and Christa, the awesome co-hostesses of the party!

Heather and Doreen

Christa, my aunt Susan, Heather, Keri and my aunt Judy

...and managed to make it back to the house with the dogs for the last 2 minutes of the party! There was still lots of food left over, so it worked out perfectly.

All in all, Heather had a great baby shower, it was a lot of fun to see all our family and for everyone to check out the nursery! Big thanks to the hostesses for all your hard work, everything looked great!

No comments: