Thursday, March 6, 2014

Train Table

Trigg loves his trains!  His tracks were starting to sprawl across the floor and needed to be contained.  We have seen train tables online but with a price tag around $150 I was in the market to find a different solution.
Old coffee table!  I popped the top off and it will fit into the space perfectly!
Next task...build a new top.
I used some left over material that I had in the garage.  I made a "cut out" in the middle so Trigg could reach the backside of the table or the "other side of the tracks".  I attached sides all around the table to contain run-away trains.
Here is the table, all constructed with tracks and trains chugging.
Phase 1 of the table and Trigg is pretty excited!
Phase 2, I painted the edges white and we got a few more pieces to the track!
Phase 3, painted the "grass" green and a new layout for the tracks.
There will probably be Phase 4 and maybe Phase 5 and 6 in the future.  Trigg has mentioned having a blue pond or stream running through the "landscape" and also adding Cranky the Crane or a windmill to the track, but for now our train table is up and running!

No comments: