Saturday, December 7, 2013

Library...wall of books!

We have had an idea for this wall to be floor to ceiling book shelves.  A place for books, a few toys and a more books!  Time for a trip to IKEA!  A couple of weekends ago, I got up early and headed north to the Twin Cities.  I got to IKEA 5 minutes before it opened, I have my itemized shopping list, including pictures, I was through the store, checked out and loaded in the car in less than an hour!
 ...after a some assembly of lots of Billy bookshelves, we had the starts to our library!
 5 tall Billy bookshelves with extensions on top.
 Adding the extensions...
 The finished product.  I think we are going to add another layer of extensions on top, that will fill the wall...but that will be another trip to IKEA!
 And loaded with books!
 All my boxes of books are unloaded...and there is still room for a few more books!
The room will be complete once we get a rug, maybe a different reading chair and maybe a library rolling ladder...but for now, we have a library!

No comments: