Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas Eve

Heather and I got to spend Christmas Eve together, just the two of us at our house. We went to the 3:00 Christmas Eve service at church and then headed home to prepare a Christmas Eve meal. We started with some shrimp cocktail, followed with some honey mustard glazed ham and some sweet potato fries.
Everything turned out great, so good in fact we are planning for the same meal next year. Our table was set complete with white and red tulips (I gave those to Heather for our anniversary!).
Riley was very interested in our honey mustard glazed ham.
After dinner, we headed downstairs to open some presents! Heather and Riley posed for a picture on the steps with our fun snowflake luminaries.
Riley went first, this was a gift from her dog friend Coco.
We had a fire in the fireplace and took our picture with our mantel decorated for Christmas....and then for a Comfort family photo (if only Riley would look at the camera).
Then Riley got to open up her stocking...she dove in head first.
...to find a new chew toy and some dental bones!
Next, Heather's turn...I wonder what it could be?
...nice wrapping and what a fun "H" tag
Oh boy, a new coat! Just what she wanted.
...but what about her stocking? Riley is willing to help see what is in there.
"Locally Grown" t-shirt.
...and a new water bottle with goodies inside!
I opened my stocking next...and I got some new guitar stings!
...and some Burt's Beeswax lotion and chap stick. I am excited but Riley isn't interested in chap stick.
...and a fun new ivory snap shirt.
...and the mystery gift. I had no idea what Heather got me for Christmas.
I opened up the box to find...new guitar cables. I am a little confused but excited and Heather says to me, "Now, let's go upstairs."
...and waiting under the Christmas tree is a bass guitar!
WOW! A bass guitar, I was totally surprised!
Heather found it on Craigslist and then got her mom to pay for it so I wouldn't see the check come through our account...tricky! Nice job babe, I love it!
We also got for each other a new laptop...which actually came before Christmas and we love it.
Christmas is a special time of year, a time filled with cheer, a time to celebrate, a time to be thankful for the many blessings in our lives...Happy Birthday Jesus!

No comments: