Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Book Worm (as Heather calls me)

I don't know when it started, but my love of reading books has been rekindled this year. I set goals every year and one of my goals is to read 10 books in 2010. Last year, I wanted to read 9 books in 2009. Last year I only read 6 books. So far this year, not even 2 months into 2010 and I have already read through 5 books...I just can't get enough and I am pretty sure I will exceed my goal this year. Heather takes me to work in the morning and then I take the bus home, so that give me a good 30 minutes every afternoon to read.
I even started a book club with a good friend of mine, Aaron Siskow (if you are interested in joining, let one of us know). We are finishing up reading "Everything Belongs: The Gift of Contemplative Prayer" by Richard Rohr. It has been a good book, very insightful thoughts on prayer and connecting with God in deeper ways.
At the same time, I am finishing "Blue Like Jazz" by Donald Miller. Donald Miller is a great story teller and he shares his life story and how he drifted away from God and then found his way back.
I have a few more books on my "to read" list right now, but I am always open to suggestions. What books are on your "to read" list in 2010?

No comments: