Sunday, October 2, 2011

Chair Recovery

We got this chair from Heather's folks with the plan to reupholster it. I have never reupholstered anything before, so this was new territory for us.

After lots of research online, a few youTube video's, I was ready to jump in.

My basic strategy was to undo the chair and make a pattern from the existing fabric and reapply the new fabric onto the chair! After pulling more staples than I could count, I was able to make a pattern with the new fabric. I also cut out a piece of wood to straighten out the back of the chair.

After several more staples...the chair was reupholstered!
We are still planning on painting the legs black, but for now, we have a chair!

1 comment:

Elisa Clark said...

Nice work! I'm in the middle of reupholstering a chair too. Hope it turns out as great s yours did! You guys are just so good! :)