Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Drake 1/2 Marathon

This past Saturday, April 25th, I ran in the Drake Relays On-the-Roads 1/2 marathon.
It was a fairly good day for running. The temperature was around 50 with clouds and light drizzle. A big change from Friday's 84 degrees and sunny. I woke up and stepped out on the porch to a chill and drizzle, so I decided to test out my arm warmers and threw on a hat.
The run went as well as I expected, knowing my training leading up to this race was less than ideal. With vacations and the kitchen project, I have missed most of my Saturday training runs, but all in all it was a good start to the racing season.

The SCRC had a good showing with 6 guys in the top 16. I finished 16th overall in a time of 1:18.40

2 comments:

adam said...

nice run seth.

Derek said...

those new arm warmers look sexy!