Wednesday, April 1, 2009

IKEA

This past Saturday, my dad, Heather and I loaded up in my dad's truck and headed up north to IKEA. Our goal - purchase a new kitchen. Heather and I had designed our IKEA kitchen using their kitchen planning software. We headed up there hoping they would have everything in stock. This was my dad's first trip to IKEA, I think Heather and I were more excited than he was. We grabbed our yellow shopping bag and headed right for the kitchen area. We had some help putting the finishing touches on our kitchen, then she started putting our order into the system. We walked around the store trying to find some good deals...and sure enough, by the time we made it back to the kitchen area, my dad found a $0.99 shoe horn!
The good news, they had everything in stock, the bad news, we paid for everything! Hence my funny smile as I am looking at our total.
Then we brought the truck around to the loading area, double checked our order to make sure we had all 117 items and packed everything into the back of the truck.
We managed to get everything in and made it back home without any problems. The we unloaded the kitchen into the garage, where it now sits and waits for me to put the pieces together. I feel like a kid at Christmas and I just got a new box of Lego's, I can't wait to get started!

Big THANK YOU goes out to my dad for driving up and back to the twin cities (even bigger Big City) with us and for letting us use your truck, I hope you had as much fun as we did!

No comments: