Thursday, May 7, 2009

Klompen Classic

Last night, Heather and I headed to Pella to kick off Tulip Time by running in the Klompen Classic. My parents made the trip over and brought Morgan with them to cheer me on and Nathan ran the kids race, so we got to cheer for him too!
Pre-race photo
Here is Nathan, getting ready to run!
...and he's off. I jump in the race with him to give him a little support along the way.
He did it, he finished the race and got this great ribbon! Way to go Nathan!
Big thumbs up for Nathan's first race ever!
Now it's my turn to run, we all line up at the starting line...
...and we're off and running.
Hitting my stride with about a mile to go.
Here come the leaders, Marty Dalton finished in 15.28 followed by Julius Rotich in 15.34...
...here I come, finishing in 4th place with a time of 16.40. Click here for full results.
After the race, Nathan and I got in a cool down.
...and don't forget to stretch!
The most important part of Nathan's cool down...Poffertjes (Poffertjes are a traditional Dutch batter treat. Poffertjes look like tiny pancakes, but they are much sweeter. Typically, they are served with powdered sugar and butter.)
After the race, we asked Morgan if she liked coming to Tulip Time...
..."Of course" she said and laughed at our silly question.
After our cool down, I picked up my ribbon for winning my age group.
Scott Mathes and I show off our hardware.
As we were walking to get some food, Nathan wanted to test out my backpack, so I let him try it on...what a tough little man!

It was a great start to Tulip Time, the weather was nice, the race went well and the fan section cheered loud!

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

Great Job, Seth! Looks like y'all had fun ... especially Nathan!