Sunday, May 31, 2009

Dam to Dam

Saturday marked the 30th running of the Dam to Dam race. One of Iowa's classic running events, it draws people from all over to run the 20k (12.4 miles). The race starts out at Saylorville dam and finishes downtown. It is always an early morning with the race starting at 7:00 am. Heather was able to cheer for me in 3 different spots! This first one just after mile 3. I am wearing the green jersey.
This was around mile 8, I passed those guys without shirts!
And the finish downtown! Several guys from Principal, who I run with over lunch, also ran the race.
All smiles with my hardware!

There were over 7,000 people running the 20k! It was a lot of fun and turned out to be a great day for a race. I finished in a time of 1:13.04 and I placed 37th overall and 15th in my age group. Here are the full results. All in all, I had a great day and felt good about my race.

No comments: