Thursday, May 6, 2010

Klompen Classic

Wednesday night marks the unofficial start of Tulip Time with the running of the Klompen Classic 5k! This is an annual event for Heather and I and we made the trip again this year. My parents also came to cheer me on in the race this year.
My dad giving me a pre-race pep talk...all through high school, college and now post college, those pep talks never get old!

Lining up at the start!

...and we are off and running!

Chad and Shay both ran the 5k too, seen here with their hands in the air!
Sitting in second place about 1 mile into the race...the guy in the tight blue shirt did catch and pass me...
All smiles as I see Heather, Nathan, Aaron and my parents cheering me on!
Coming down the final stretch into the finish line...
...past all the dutch fronts...
...and I made it to the finish line, 3rd place! Not too shabby, but I'm tired.
Nathan and I after the race, he tells me about his kids race and how fast he went!
Shay, Chad and I enjoying some apples and water after the race. Today it was a 5k...come October, it will be a marathon!
The Klompen Classic was a lot of fun this year, as always. Over 2,000 runners and walkers competed this year, setting a new record. Big thanks to Heather for cheering and pushing my cheering section in the stroller (Nathan and Aaron). Thanks Mom and Dad for cheering me on this Wednesday night (not Thursday night!) If you are interested in seeing the full results, check them out here. Welcome to Tulip Time 2010!

No comments: