Friday, December 5, 2008

Nature...that's why I live here

The other night, Heather had fallen asleep on the couch and I had some energy left so I was working on some Christmas cookies. It was starting to get late, around 10:45 and our Christmas lights were still on. I had set the timer to turn them off at 10:30, so I went out into the garage to adjust the time. I made all the adjustments and the lights went off. I turned the garage light off and noticed something through the window, it looked like someone standing in my neighbors front yard. By this time it was around 11 so I was a little caught off guard. I looked again and it wasn't a person, it was a deer standing in their yard. I was getting cold in the garage so I went inside to peek out the front window. I looked out the front door to find two more deer standing in our front yard. I snapped this picture through the window of our front door, the flash didn't work through the glass, but in the yard by the tree you can see the deer.
These deer were less than 5 feet from our front door and they were nosing through the snow eating the acorns. The next morning we could see their tracks through all the front yards going down the block! Nature in the big city.

No comments: